Monday 9 June 2008

By Eris' golden underthings, it's a wild @!


Yeah, it's upside down and the triangles are using the wrong winding order. What's yer point?

It's the first real mesh in the game, so I'm happy it worked at all. Should be easy enough to fix the borked conversion to right-handedness, and then... all will be well. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I'll probably stick with .obj format for now, despite the lack of useful things like tangents, multiple texture coordinates, animation and so on. It's nice having a text format for debugging.

I discovered some silliness in the cavern density function, and removed it along with a lot of random stuff I was testing. So now the level is far more regular and consistent. Whilst boring, this is very useful for testing purposes and does make the whole thing look more... roguelike.

No comments: